Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Resolutions for a Prime Year


I often make just few to no resolutions in the new year. I suppose its because I would rather not fail than attempt something and fail. (Of course, this line of reasoning fails to consider the possibility of success.)

This year is different. Assuming that small changes in behaviors and attitude produce profound results (good or bad) over time, I am resolving to do some small, good things often.

So far, 2011 is a great year to keep my resolutions. Here are those that I'm willing to share with the world, in no particular order.

1. Read my Bible daily. So far, so good this year. I'm reading a psalm, some proverbs, & a portion of a gospel each day.
2. Do 10 pull-ups a day. I'm happy to report that in the past 25 days, I've only missed once. Wow! 240 pull-ups so far!
3. Enjoy my children more and yell at them less. This is a real priority for me. I am too grouchy too often. I love them very much. I need to act like it more often.
4. Wear a tie to class. I only teach on Mondays and Wednesdays this semester, so it's not too great of a challenge.
5. Read a book a month. I'm currently working through Gödel, Escher, Bach by Hofstadter and Pensées by Pascal. (I've been reading GEB for about 18 months, now. I hope to finish it this week.)

No comments: